The MIDAS PRO2C digital mixer is ranked amongst the top-of-line digital mixers on the market today. It redefines live sound, with a fast and streamlined workflow. The PRO2C’s intuitive interface is all about keeping production simple.
The Midas Pro2C is truly plug and play.
The PRO2C is basically the same mixer as the PRO2 – the only difference being the physical size of its user interface. The PRO2C features all of the facilities of its big brother, yet it’s no larger than a typical 24-channel analog consoles.
- Up to 6 multi-channel digital signal processing effects engines
- 20 MIDAS PRO motorised 100 mm faders
- Daylight viewable 15” full colour TFT display screen
- Fully interpolated touch sensitive controls
- Optional wireless remote control with MIDAS MIXTENDER App for iPad*
- Dual redundant auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supplies
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
MIDAS’s reputation for superb audio quality is the result of over 40 years of development and research. The company has endowed the PRO2C with top-shelf components and technology developed from their class-leading XL8 board. The PRO2C boasts 96kHz 40-bit floating-point processing throughout. Its 27 mix buses are time-aligned and phase-coherent. But impressive specs only begin to tell the story of what this board sounds like: amazing!
Delay management – and why you need it
The PRO2C employs MIDAS’s proprietary delay management technology. OK, so why is that a good thing? Digital processing takes time to run – usually just a few samples, but never none. ADCs and DACs have much larger delays (typically a few milliseconds), so if you’ve used analog insert points, the channel in question will be delayed relative to the others. The problem is, combining signals in this way can lead to the summing of signals that are partially out-of-phase, causing nasty comb filtering. All MIDAS digital mixers feature soup-to-nuts automatic time alignment to correct path-related delays, plus automatic compensation for the additional latency introduced by A/D conversion on analog inserts. The result? Better sound.
Your investment is protected
The MIDAS PRO2C gives you everything you need to mix a live show with no sweat. This self-contained console has eight onboard mic/line inputs, and the MIDAS DL251 remote stage-box included with your PR02 system has 48 MIDAS mic/line inputs, for a total of 56 inputs. The DL251 also has 16 analog XLR outputs and includes dual power supplies standard. The DL251 can be located up to 300′ from your PRO2C, connected with inexpensive and readily available Cat 5e cable. You can also add additional optional I/O units to your system, to a maximum of 156 inputs x 166 outputs – enough to handle ginormous shows. Bottom line, your investment is protected. MIDAS wouldn’t have it any other way.
MIDAS PRO2C Digital Mixer Features:
- Self-contained digital console; may be used without external hardware
- 56 mic/line inputs with MIDAS mic preamps (8 onboard, 48 on optional stagebox)
- 64 simultaneous input processing channels
- 32 analog outputs (including 16 on the stage box and 2 stereo local monitor outputs)
- 2 AES3 inputs, 3 AES3 outputs
- 27 sample-synchronous, phase-coherent mix buses
- 6 multi-channel FX engines
- 4-band parametric EQ on each input channel
- Up to 28 instances of the KLARK TEKNIK DN370 31-band Graphic EQ
- Full-color 15″ daylight-viewable display screen
- 8 VCA (Variable Control Association) groups
- 6 POPulation groups
- 192 MCA (Mix Control Association) groups
- 96kHz 40-bit floating-point processing throughout
- Expandable with optional external hardware I/O units (max capacity: 156 inputs x 166 outputs)
Hit the road with a truly innovative digital console: the MIDAS PRO2C!
- Inputs – Mic Preamps:8 x XLR
- Phantom Power:8
- Inputs – Other:1 x XLR (Talk Back), 1 x 1/4″ (footswitch)
- Outputs – Main:3 x XLR (main), 4 x XLR (monitor)
- Outputs – Other:8 x XLR (line out), 1 x XLR (talk out)
- Inputs – Digital:6 x Ethernet AES50, 2 x AES3 XLR
- Outputs – Digital:2 x AES3 XLR, 6 x Ethernet AES50
- Aux Sends:16
- Busses/Groups:27 mix buses
- Channel Inserts:Yes
- MIDI I/O:In, Out, Thru
- Data I/O:Ethernet control, AES3 Sync
- USB:3 x USB Type A
- Computer Connectivity:Ethernet
- Headphones:2 x 1/4″
- Word Clock:2 x BNC (Word Clock in/out), 1 x BNC (video sync in)
- Faders:20 x 100mm motorized faders
- EQ Bands:Parametric EQ, Up to 28 assignable 1/3 octave Klark Teknik DN370 graphic equalizers
- Effects:6 multi-channel effects engines
- Weight:81.4 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:PRO2CCCIP